Oh yes, it is that time of year again. That’s right, it is officially wedding season! By now your mailbox is overflowing with bridal shower and wedding invitations, but finding the perfect gift for the blushing bride can be difficult. Surprise her by making the bride a beautiful gift that she won’t soon forget. This DIY Bridal Brooch Bouquet is the perfect gift for Mrs. Right! This vintage glam gift looks stunning and chic but won’t cost you a fortune to make. Browse your local thrift and craft stores for stylish inexpensive brooches before you get started. You can also use old earrings, rings, or custom jewelry to embellish your gorgeous gift.
Here’s What You Need to Create a Small Bridal Brooch Bouquet:
- Approximately 30-40 brooches/jewelry (depending on size)
- Floral Wire ( one per brooch)
- Green Floral Tape
- 3-4 Large Bloom Silk Flowers (Peonies, Hydrangea, etc)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Clippers
- Needle-nosed Pliers
- Bouquet Holder
1. Start by organizing your brooches by size, (i.e. small, medium, and large). This will help you when you begin to insert and fill your brooch bouquet. Grab your first brooch and begin to wrap your floral wire around the clasp. If your clasp seems flimsy or unstable, use the hot glue gun to secure your wire in place.
2. Once you’ve secured your wire, wrap your green floral tape around the wire to create a stem-like appearance. Repeat this process with each of your brooches until they are all completed.
3. Now it is time to arrange your brooch bouquet. Take your silk flowers in one hand and using the other hand, place your brooch stems between the spaces of the silk flowers. Arrange your brooches to your liking by varying the color and sizes next to each other.
4. Once the bouquet is arranged to your liking, wrap the stems with multiple layers of floral tape to secure it in place. Now place the beautiful bouquet in the holder. If your steams are too long, simply clip the ends using your wire clippers. Last but certainly not least, starting at the top of the bouquet holder, hot glue the end of your ribbon and wrap it all around the holder. Cut and glue the ribbon at the bottom. Voila! You’re done with the most fabulous and creative gift that you bride will ever see!
Pro Tip: There are so many other ways to spruce up your brooch bouquet. Get creative and add some flair to yours by adding rhinestones or pearls for a little bling!